Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Taste

Falls here and that means its time to eat pumpkin flavored foods like muffins, donuts, and pies and coffees and also beers too.  I've been wanting to eat pumpkin Donuts from Dunking Donuts but there aren't any around here so I cant; but there is a bakery.  This has pumpkin muffins which I found out when I went in yesterday morning as it is on my way to campus.  There are actually three kinds of pumpkin muffins, pumpkin, pumpkin streusel, and some other kind of pumpkin that I don't remember- maybe with cranberries I think.
I got a pumpkin muffin yesterday with a large coffee.  It tasted like pumpkins but mostly bran: I like bran, alot actually, but I was in the mood for pumpkin flavors and it didn't have enough of them in it.  It was very dense, which is good in muffins in my opinion, but the crown (I think we all should understand what I mean by the crown of a muffin) wasn't very impressive.Today I got a pumpkin streusel muffin with a large coffee, but more on that later.  When I walked in they asked me if I wanted a free slice of bread and I didn't understand so I pretended I didn't hear them but they kept looking at me and I realized that they knew that I heard them so I said What? and they said do you want a slice of bread and I said Yes What Kind? and they said 3 kinds that I don't remember what they were (its not important) but the 4th was pumpkin cinnamon swirl bread.  So I said thats what I want and I also want a pumpkin streusel muffin with a large coffee.  The bread was really good, unlike most bread.  It had good pumpkin flavor and also cinnamon in it too.  The pumpkin streusel muffin was the same as the regular pumpkin muffin except it had some granular sugary coating on top like you would ordinarily find on a blueberry muffin.  But the pumpkin flavor was not as strong as I like and it had the same bran taste.  The sugary (streusel?) topping on the crown was good but then once you ate the crown it was like normal again.  Anyways, its nice to be eating pumpkin treats again but I wish I had a Dunkin Donuts nearby with pumpkin flavored donuts and coffee too.  Those donuts are nice they have excellent flavor and also a glaze but not so much that it takes away from the pumpkin.  Goddamn it, I love those fucking things.  I will buy a pie later this week or month and I'm sure I will buy other pumpkin things too.  The third muffin type was the least interesting to me but maybe it will be better when I buy it tomorrow.  I like the holidays because of family, gifts, and pumpkin flavoring; its my favorite type of season.

3 comments:

  1. This was written in the emerging literary style "Essays I Have Been Grading for the Past Ten Hours."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reads like a Nice Pete tribute. http://peterhcropes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete